Pre Work Checklist
At Legend Roofs, we have a pre-work checklist to help prepare and inform you of your upcoming roofing project. Getting a new roof installed on your house is a great way to update your home and increase curb appeal. Legend Roofs has outlined what you can expect in the days leading up to, during, and after your roof installation.
A few days or a week leading up to installation day: Prior to the roofing project start a Legend Roofs representative will go over and have you sign a pre-work checklist
The delivery of the shingles will arrive a day before the start of the project (these will be placed in your driveway or at a specific location given to us by the homeowner).
Pre Work Checklist TIP ─ Ask your roofing contractor when this will occur so you can be prepared by moving cars or making sure someone is home, etc.
Pre Work Checklist – Roof Installation:
- If you have any pets, you might want to work with your contractor to see if they need to be locked up for the roof installation.
- Take appropriate measures to protect any valuable items in your garden, e.g., statues, planters, etc.
- Make sure gates are either left open for the contractors or ask that they close the gates behind them at all times.
- If there are special requests, make sure you let the person in charge know about those in advance.
- Prior to job start, please take all pictures and valuables off outer walls and off shelves, as roofing makes vibrations that could cause these to fall and be damaged.
- When we reroof, we remove the old felt from your decking, which will cause debris to fall between cracks in your decking, so please cover all valuables in your attic and be mindful of this could cause a post-job cleanup to be needed. Legend Roofs is not responsible for this debris. If this could be a problem, please talk to your company representative or the crew chief at your home.
- At the end of the job, there will be material left over. We over-order to make sure we have enough material on-hand to finish the job. This extra material belongs to Legend Roofs and is not part of the job material and will be picked up within three (3) business days of the job completion.
- Please make sure all vehicles are out of the driveway and away from the house so that no debris can fall on them and cause them damage.
- Mowing your lawn prior to the roofing job aids tremendously in the cleanup and removal of nails. If your grass is shorter it helps the magnets to pick up the loose nails.
Pre Work Checklist TIP ─ Work with your contractor to understand if he is covering your flowers or shrubbery. If not, we recommend doing it yourself.
Final day/finishing up on the job:
- Your company representative will do a final walk-through with you; this is where you make sure we have done everything we said we would do in the pre-work checklist.
- The crew will do a sweep of your yard for loose nails or other debris. If you have any concerns about debris please ask your company representative.
- When you are certain that the job is completed to your satisfaction they can do a final settlement of your account and collect the final check.
- Your warranty information will come a week to ten (10) days after the final payment for the roof has been received. Our office handles all warranties after your new roof installation. Please feel free to contact us with any questions at
Pre Work Checklist TIP ─ Be sure you have talked about the clean-up process prior to the start of your job, and if you are unhappy, ask the contractor to do a secondary sweep for nails.
After your new roof has been installed (1-3 days later):
•A representative from Legend Roofs might set up a time to come to your house to do a general review and collect the final payment.
Pre Work Checklist TIP ─ Prior to signing the contract, you should understand the warranty you will be getting and whether the contractor or you will be responsible for registering the warranty.